Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fall Flowers and Vegetables

Now is the perfect time to get your Fall/Winter Vegetable garden started. Plants are arriving every Wednesday. Some items we currently have are: Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Green Cabbage, Red Cabbage, Kale and Chard.
This week I harvested the rest of my beets and carrots, then worked the soil in my raised bed, and added Alfalfa Meal, Steer Manure and a bag of Ocean Forest Potting Soil. I let everything sit for a couple of days (mostly because I was busy) then worked the soil one more time and planted Broccoli. My kids are so excited to see the Broccoli plants going in - they remember picking and eating it right from the garden last year.

Winter color can be very exciting. Come in and see the beautiful "Smiles" on our pretty Pansies, Violas and Chrysanthmums!!

"Micky Mouse"

Lots to choose from, come in and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment